The goal of the League of Women Voters is to empower citizens to shape better communities worldwide.
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan membership organization that:
- acts after study and member agreement to achieve solutions in the public interest on key community issues at all levels of government,
- builds citizen participation in the democratic process, and
- engages communities in promoting positive solutions to public policy issues through education and advocacy.
The League of Women Voters Education Fund is a nonpartisan, public policy educational organization that:
- builds citizen participation in the democratic process,
- studies key community issues at all governmental levels in an unbiased manner, and
- enables people to seek positive solutions to public policy issues through education and conflict management.
We believe in:
- respect for individuals,
- the value of diversity, and
- the empowerment of the grassroots, both within the League and in communities.
- act with trust, integrity and professionalism,
- operate in an open and effective manner to meet the needs of those we serve--both members and the public,
- take the initiative in seeking diversity in membership, and
- acknowledge our heritage as we seek our path to the future.